Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey-Veal Trade Thanks: BA Benny and ARPSmith

I'm very thankful for a year of great trades.  And it's Turkey Day, so it's time to share a few of those great ones that have been sitting, unrecognized, for far too long.

Adam over at ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession sent me some fantastic cards a while ago. It all started with a Smile:

Or a Smyly, that is. Adam pulled this auto and I needed it. I dig Drew's signature, and I can't wait to see what he does next season. Adam also found this '67 Cash Kaline card for me. It was one I needed, and I'm thrilled to add it to my Kaline player collection. I'm a huge fan of these vintage Topps group cards, and this is one of the cooler Kaline ones.

Here are a bunch of random extras Adam threw in. Random extras hardly defines these cards. Framed Gypsy Queens, Chrome Heritage, an SP Austin rookie, Tigers Topps Inserts, and an '84 Ripken, these are a few of my favorite things.

Now we're getting a little more random. A Triple dose of some Swell Tigers.

Adam also threw in some sweet hits. This Pudge jersey card is completely awesome. His gaze is super intense and he has donned the appropriate Tigers catcher gear. Great stuff.

And here's another big smile to wrap up this trade. This adds another jersey swatch to my Mr. Triple Crown MVP player collection. I still get plenty of enjoyment out of game-used cards, and this is a great one. Thanks, Adam, for a great trade.
 
Head over to ARPSmith's for some great writing, weekly contests, and if you have some cool Giants cards to trade.
 
Another trade I'm thankful for comes from BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet. We've traded a few times, and I'm grateful to count BA Benny as a trading partner. As many of you know, the Buffet took a little hiatus last year, and the blogging world had a hole in it. But BA Benny is back, has been on a rampage of posting patches. We're glad to have him back.
 
So, he spotted some cards he wanted from my trade bait, and he offered up this:
 
I'm not actively collecting Austin, but I can't turn down a cool card of the only speed on my team and our killer center fielder.
 
He also sent along this very cubical Pudge jersey card. You don't see too many cards picturing Pudge running.
 
Here are a few of my favorite extras Mike tossed in the trade package.
 
Last but not least, BA Benny sent this 2008 Donruss Threads Porcello jersey card. I'm not really sure where the red jersey came from, but I love the way the red pops in this design. This is a really classy design all around, and even though I'm not a huge Porcello collector, this was my favorite card of the trade. Love it.
 
Thanks for great trade, man. Check out BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet, an awesome blog, and if you have some cool Mets or Yankees, send him a trade offer.
 
Two great trades I am truly thankful for. I have many more to post about, and many more thanks to give. I appreciate all the blogger generosity, and I'm proud to be a part of this community. Thanks, guys, for making cardboard even more fun.
 
 

1 comment: