Friday, February 8, 2013

Kaline Masterpieces

Of my recent Kaline purchases, this Gallery card has to be one of my favorites. I'm starting with this picture, because, heck, I wanted you to see this masterpiece teased in the blog rolls so you'd come on over and take a closer look.


And take a closer look! This card is truly a work of art. I absolutely love this set, and once I knew this card existed, I had to have it. I love everything about it. This has everything that works on an art card design. The one thing I can't quite figure out is the rainbow spectrum on the left. It feels a little like I'm looking at a Sherwin Williams paint swatch. But I don't mean to complain.  This card is awesome. 

One new work of art calls for an old work of art.

It's a little dinged up and off center, as all of my vintage Kalines are, but that takes nothing away for me. I especially dig the big 6 on the shoulder. I snagged this for under $2 shipped.

This one comes from the virtual dollar box that is eBay. This might be my lowest numbered Kaline, which is mainly why I bought it. That and it's shiny and die-cut. Otherwise, it's kind of a terribly designed card. The picture is blurry and looks completely out of place on this super-futuristic-lasers-shooting-out-my-eyeballs card. Still, it's absurd anachronisms definitely have a place in the collection.

Compare the last virtual dollar box card to this beauty. Now, this is how you do a super-shiny card of a vintage player. This is an awesome-looking card. But not quite the masterpiece like at the top of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment