Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Vealtones Vintage Contest

As many of you know, I just became a father to a beautiful baby girl, Ms. Evy Jo. To celebrate her and my approach on 200 posts and 2 years of blogging, it's time for a contest.

This will be the Vealtones' first contest, and it's long overdue. What will we be giving away? How about some vintage.


It might be something like this Diamond Stars Zeke Bonura, a card that's beat to hell, but I think most of you out there appreciate well-loved vintage.
Or maybe you'll get something like this Ned Garver from 1952 Bowman, my favorite vintage set, a beautiful card with a little ink on the back.


Or maybe some good ol' Topps. 

Or maybe something really fresh, a creased woodgrain TV.

Well, what you get depends on your entry. To enter, leave a comment listing your favorite team, or, that is, the team you'd like to get a card from. Since I'm giving away vintage, it needs to be a team that existed in the '50s. And I will be giving away a card from the '50s or earlier, real vintagey vintage. Keep in mind, though, the card is likely to be well-loved and probably won't be a hall-of-famer, but I'll find something good for you.

In your comment, please also list a backup team, too, just in case I can't find anything from your first preferred team. 

To enter, you must be a follower of the blog. I want to make sure the winner is one of my actual readers, is someone from the blogging culture that has given so much to me. Be sure to enter by this Friday at 10:00 PM, Eastern time zone. Then, I'll do three spins on random.org and choose the winner.

Again, list in the comments your favorite team and a backup team. The prize will be a vintage card from one of those teams, and I'll try to find some extra goodies that fit your collecting interests. Feel free to share the news about the contest on your own blog, but don't feel obligated.

Thanks for entering. You bloggers have brought me so much joy and made me feel welcome over the years, and now I'll repay that by sending you some piece of beat-to-hell 60-year-old cardboard.

32 comments:

  1. Congrats again and thanks for the contest!

    Dodgers, of course.

    Second team (if I must): Tigres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dodgers

    as a backup, how about any team that you'd like.

    congrats on nearing 200 and the new addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since The Jays we're a thing until a few decades after the 50's, I'll have to go Senators and Indians/Spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat as Roy...no Jays back then. Pirates will do just fine for me, if not them then the Cardinals will be OK as well.

    Congrats on 2y/200p by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the contest and congrats on everything! There aren't any vintage D-Backs so I'm going to go with the Dodgers. They were my favorite team before the D-Backs came along in 1998. As far as a back-up, I'm going to say the Indians because I love their all their old logos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations again on the daughter and for the upcoming milestones!

    You know I'd take a Tribe card ! Or anything else for my sample collection. Good luck to all !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will choose the Dodgers as my first choice and the A's as my second team. Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats again Dustin

    I'll take the loveable losers

    St Louis Browns

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll take the Cubs as my first team, and the Senators as my backup.

    Thanks for the contest and congrats again on the newest addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big congrats! I'm in for the Giants first, and the Pirates as a back up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats and thanks.
    I'd be the Cubs abd Dodgers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Padres are my first choice, but cards for the 50s (their minor league days) are tough to come by. My 2nd choice will be the Indians, who the PCL Padres were associated with during the 50s

    Congrats on everything, sounds like life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Since I just started follwing your blog (as of a few minutes ago), I was not aware of your new addition, so congrats from me. If being a newbie disqualifies me from this contest, no worries. If it doesn't, I'll take the Red Sox and then the Tigers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yankees
    Dodgers

    Congrats on both events

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats!!!

    I will go in with the Giants and follow it up with the A's.

    Thanks for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool Contest. Already following
    SeNATors
    Orioles/Browns (depending on when in the 50s the cards are from)

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1st - Braves and 2nd - Senators

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope the baby is doing well!

    Yankees first, Braves second.

    Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know my favorite team is the Red Sox but can I select boxing instead of a second "team"?

    Congrats on the baby and two years!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Phillies and Braves and congrats on all the good news recently!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey! I'll go Yanks and Cardinals. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Let's say:
    1. Cardinals
    2. Browns

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! I'd say the A's and Giants.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats and thanks for the great contest.

    Since my team won't be represented, I'd say 1956 first or any vintage play at the plate/catcher.

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for the contest!

    Braves and Cardinals, please!

    ReplyDelete
  26. 1. The Dodgers of course.

    2. The Yankees, please.

    Thanks for the contest and congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on the baby!

    Browns and White Sox

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pretty cool. thanks for the contest!

    1. Phillies
    2.Athletics

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just put you at 100 blog followers!

    Congrats on the baby and thanks for the contest.

    1. Cubs
    2. Pirates

    ReplyDelete
  30. I forgot to put two teams down:

    My first was: Browns
    Second Team: Braves

    ReplyDelete
  31. White Sox for #1, cuz all you suckers KNOW they are the best. Don't deny it. Just accept fact.

    For number two, I'm going Brooklyn Dodgers.

    ReplyDelete