Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Young Ones

Ever since last year when every veteran player on the Tigers seemed to be getting injured, I had a chance to get acquainted with their AAA players. Even though our season circled down the toilet bowl, the rookie players made for some interesting baseball.

Of course you've heard about Brennan Boesch and Austin Jackson, who had great seasons. And you probably heard, or at least have seen cards of this guy:

Scott Sizemore had a decent start last year and promises to be a useful player on the roster. I know My Cardboard Mistress is a fan.

You probably haven't heard much about the next two guys, though.

Will Rhymes had a great start last year, batting .304 in his first 54 games. He's really solid at second. I like Carlos Guillen, but I feel a bit more comfortable with Rhymesie covering the base. If you have any cards of Will, I'd probably be interested.


Casper Wells is the other fella you probably haven't heard much about. He started late in the season last year, but was pretty impressive. He has some power, and might even outpower Boesch if given the playing time. I picked this card up off of Ebay for about $3 shipped. It took a while to find a good deal, though. Collectors seem to be jumping on my Casper Wells bandwagon. By the way, isn't that a great name, Casper Wells? If you have any Casper cards, I'm definitely interested in trading.

And I wonder if anyone knows the reference of the title of this post. The Young Ones was a terrible British comedy show that had great bands just randomly start playing on the set. Anyone else ever watch this?

No comments:

Post a Comment