Friday, January 18, 2013

Iconic Rookies: The Wizard from the King

This iconic rookie is brought to you by the one and only Diamond King who is always a generous trader. And he sent me a card that was a big void in my collection.


It's a little off-center, a little dinged, and completely perfect. Look at those sideburns, the old Padres uniform. I'm not much for headshots, but this one is perfect. I think it's that it feels candid, that this isn't Ozzie posing, but Ozzie just being a badass. I'm not a fan of the 1979 Topps set, but this card makes me appreciate the design, especially the old Topps logo in the baseball.

This is another one of those cards every collection requires. And I have my refractors and The Diamond King to thank. What is he going to do with all those refractors? I have to know!

For the hell of it, because we can never have enough of them, here's a few extra Ripkens also included in the trade:





No comments:

Post a Comment