Sunday, May 6, 2012

Wicked Stays Wicked: Another Great Trade

I recently finished my second trade with The Cardboard Don, or Wicked, who almost changed his name, but then, at the last minute, preserved the blog we all know and love. A while ago he expressed interest in some of my trade bait, and we got started on our second trade.

Who doesn't love Archives? Wicked sent along a slew of Tigers from this great set. Of course, the Kaline is amazing. I now have a few different reprints of his rookie. Such a classic card. The Norms are awesome, too, and it's nice to see Chet again. I was a Lemon fan in my youth.


Some very nice Verlanders. And this was a new rookie for me. I bought a lot of Total at one time, and it's nice to finally get this card.

Here's the highlight of the trade. Always happy to score a bit more Verlander jerseyage. SPx designed some pretty nice looking game-used cards. What was the deal with Upper Deck's obsession with Xs?


Thanks for another great trade, Wicked, and I'm glad you're sticking around the old blog.

1 comment:

  1. Lemon was fun to watch! He would catch those popups right by his head and the occasional head first slide into first were always exciting. I also remember he got hit a lot. Good hustle player!

    ReplyDelete