Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Disgusting Pudge Patch

The title pretty much says it all.

I'm not a huge fan of 2007 SPx, or any SPx for that matter, but this is a great card. Mainly for the primo piece of patch. Awesome color on this puppy. My only complaint is that Pudge is featured here as a Tiger, yet the colors on that patch don't look very Tigery to me. That actually gives me a little more hope that it might be legit, since it looks like Upper Deck just dug into their massive treasure trove of Ivan Rodriguez Rangers jerseys rather than having to buy a new Tigers one. Regardless, the colors on that patch are fantastic. I got stitching and three colors. GUs don't ever really make me "feel closer to the game." But this one does actually give me that giddy feeling of owning a little piece of something real, something that matters, something I saw on TV (rather than a vague gray swatch that could have been some armpit or crotch fabric). Whether this is a real patch or not, my reaction is.

And if it isn't real, who cares? I paid less than $5 for this off of eBay. That's a fair risk, I'd say.

This reminds me of another disgusting patch I own:
Oh, my! This one came in a trade from the recently revived blog Joe Average Collector. Makes a nice pair, these two.

2 comments:

  1. Those patches ARE disgusting, so take them down now. Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You blokes just wait until my 2013 WBC jersey patch post....

    ReplyDelete