Thursday, May 15, 2014

Plus One Vealtone, Minus One Nap

It's been 72 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes, and 44 seconds since Napkin Doon gallantly galloped off into the blogging sunset. 

While I was mostly on blogging sabbatical, the gone-but-not-forgotten Napkin Doon and I got a trade going. I hope it won't be our last one, even if his blogging days are over. I still really wish it wasn't entirely true.

Anyway, I'm back, and Nap is gone, and I also wish it was the other way around. But, oh well. He's a busy guy. I have a busy scanner.

Thus, the results of our glorious trade:

I always love Kalines, and the weird-looking under-sized one is from a Milton Bradley game in 1969. Nap bought it special for me at one of Cleve's auctions. Remember those? Ah, the good ol' days.

Of course, what's amazing here is the 1957 Kaline in beautiful condition. Nap generously dipped into his sampler album for me, and I'm thrilled to own this card. Remember the sampler album? Damn, all those series Nap had just make me feel like an inadequate aimless blogger. Nap, we need you!

And he sent these:

Shiny!

He also sent me a pack of 1990 Topps, which I let my one-year-old daughter open (after checking for no-name Frank Thomas, of course!). She loved it, and still has some creepy mustachioed guys in her toy boxes. 

Any time you want to come back, Nap, I'll be reading. Or, hell, come guest write on my blog. 

1 comment: