Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Discount UD Heroes Blaster: Who's Inside? No, Hu!

It's that time of the year, opening day week, when Meijer discounts their baseball cards. For those of you not in the Midwest, Meijer is our local version of Wal-Mart. The Meijers around me have had a pretty sad stock of cards lately, but they hauled out the old blasters for the opening day specials. They didn't have anything too great, but I did find a 2008 Heroes blaster for $11.99 plus the special discount of 20% off. Not a terrible deal, and worth a rip. I didn't do too terrible.

Here's the highlights of the base cards:


Some decent names here. The Mauer looks cool, though I can't figure out why he's wearing a mask and no other gear. Photo opp, I guess. I've always liked this set and the design. It's a nice walk down memory lane for those of us who reveled in the first years of Upper Deck.

These were my one-per-pack black parallels. I already had the Verlander, though, so nothing to add to the player collection, but a good group of players, nonetheless.

I love the colored parallels from this set, even if they got a little excessive. This was the only one from the blaster, and nothing too special, besides the fodder for an Abbot and Costello routine. Hu's on my emerald parallel. I don't know, who?

I never know what to do with these. Does anyone collect them? Too many Yankees for my comfort.

And, finally, my big hit of the blaster. I'm glad to see a hit at all, really, though Corey Hart has no place in my collection. Any Brewers fans out there that are interested in this card?

So, not too bad, and a lot of fun to rip. I could have picked up a nice vintage Kaline card for the price of this blaster, but I can't pass up busting packs for a good deal. If anyone needs any of these, just let me know and we'll get a trade going.

3 comments:

  1. I'm interested in the Verlander, DiMaggio and Griffey. I realize you're still holding the other for me. Stay tuned and I'll get this figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could find a home for Mr. Hart. I think I might even have a Pudge relic you don't have, to trade for it. Just have to look through the trade box tonight when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some cards I would like to trade you. If there is any way for me to contact you I would love to get a trade started up.

    ReplyDelete