Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bowman Heritage: Daisuke's Head in the Clouds

The only set I've really dedicated myself to finishing is the 2007 Bowman Heritage set. It was the last Bowman Heritage set, sadly, but with the last set, I think they really nailed it. Let's face it, 2006 Bowman Heritage was fugly. 

The design for '07, though, to me, is perfect. Simple, colorful, and it really has that heritage feel. One of the best design features is the backgrounds, and here's one of my favorite backgrounds and all-around card:


Besides the rookie card logo, this is a pretty perfect card. I'm not a huge fan of Daisuke, but '07 Heritage bought the hype by giving him the cloud background that makes him look like a towering god. The vintage Bowman cards often seemed to focus on creating a great contrast between player and background, and this card does just that. You also have to love the variety of backgrounds this set featured. A great background like this could have been used again and again until we were sick of it, but not in this set. This is the only cloud card, as far as I know. Just a killer design.

Is anyone else working on this set? I'm still looking for a few dozen more cards. Let me know if you have any to trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment