Sunday, December 16, 2012

Bowman Heritage Packs from the LCS

This post comes to you from one of my favorite local card shop's, All-Star Sports Cards in Grand Rapids, Michigan. If you're ever in the area, visiting this place is a must. The workers are the nicest people you'll ever meet, the store is clean and organized, and there are tons of great bargain boxes. So, OK, onto the loot.

Speaking of dime boxes:


I wasn't collecting in 2006, so I missed out on this set, which I think was maybe one of those hobby shop giveaway type deals. Anyway, these are from Topps Rookie of the Week, and they're all Archive-style reprints. Well, I'm sure you've all seen these.

I've seen them before, but they sure look nice together. I only snagged these 13 out of the dime box. I'll probably try to eventually finish this set. You can't really beat it, if you're a rookie/archive collector.

The best part of my last trip, though, was by far the discount packs I found. I had to do a double-take when I saw they had 2007 Bowman Heritage packs for $1.50 each. That's a crazy good deal for hobby, and an even crazier good deal if this happened to be your favorite modern set, which it is.

I think I bought 8 packs, for the price of a discount blaster. I'll spare you the whole thing. These are the short prints. These were all doubles. In fact, almost everything I got was a double. Here was the only base card that I needed:

I needed this Varitek for the set I'm still trying to finish. What a great card this is, though. The catcher's gear looks awesome, especially with the thick black outlines characteristic of this design.

These were my favorite one-per-pack rainbow parallels. I'm still not sure if I'll go after this parallel set. Probably not. But these are great-looking cards regardless. Snagging the Mantle was a good find.


I even managed a hit in these packs. A Curt Schilling jersey isn't too bad. As much as I love this set, the Pieces of Greatness GU set never really blew me away.

So, one measly card closer to finishing my set. I loved opening those packs, but they didn't help me make much progress. Maybe you can? Check out my set want list if you have any 2007 Bowman Heritage cards to trade.

1 comment:

  1. I wish my LCS had a dime box. Heck, I wish I had an LCS, period.

    2007 Bowman Heritage is one of those sets that has grown on me over time. I didn't think much of it at first, but I've come to enjoy them a whole lot more in recent years. I was actually planning to do a post on that phenomena in the future.

    ReplyDelete