Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Luck of the Coot, Part Two

The other contest I won this month was hosted by Things are Funner Here. We had to guess how many cards were inside this giant bin from a few pictures. I went uber-nerdy, creating an equation for the size of a 50-card stack of cards and how many of those it would take to fill the dimensions given. But I'm an English major, so I ended up pretty much just guessing. Math be hard!

Anyway, I won second place, and I got to pick from some GU cards:

I always liked Rolen. It looks like he's got at least one more year in him. Probably not a hall-of-famer, but he'll end things with a very respectable career.

Julie also sent some cards for the ol' player collection.


Some Verlander Chrome and Pudge wearing full catcher gear and the right team's jersey--all of my favorite things for a Pudge card.

And last but certainly not least, I won a rack pack of 2011 Update:


This Goldschmidt fella has been tearing it up in the minors, and this is the first card of his I've picked up. Nice to see a Hope Diamond parallel here, but too bad it's Burroughs. The Kimbrel Cognac is a bit more exciting. That's a great shot of his kungfu kick.


More rookies, which is why I love Update, and this year has a great crop. Andy Dirks is the obvious highlight here. Forget that Ackley guy. Jerry Sands who?

And I found Joe Dimaggio for Mr. Garfunkel. This was a Dimaggio hot pack, with a very cool Cognac SP.

Be sure to check out Things are Funner Here. It's a great blog. Thanks for the great loot, Julie.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...nice DiMaggio SP! Glad you liked the cards I sent along and that you got some cool stuff in the rack pack. :-)

    ReplyDelete